Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Sawyer is back!

My "guardians" have been lax in reporting my latest adventures but with much snout-nudging, I managed to get "mom" to post!

I'm ashamed to say that recently on my favorite evening jaunt with my "dad", I had a misadventure with a skunk...yep!  Honestly, I thought it was a rabbit and everyone knows how dogs love to chase them.  But hey, in my defense it was dark outside, and  this little stinker looked like me, albeit much smaller in stature.  I just wanted to play (*wink*) but the little stinker raised his tail and the rest is history.  I was not too happy for two reasons: one, my walk was cut short by dad and two, I stunk enough to want to avoid my own company.



Dad puts me in his truck for a visit to Animazing, the doggie-wash salon,  for de-skunking but to his disappointment, it had JUST closed.  What to do...go back home and fess up to mom.  To make a long story short, mom took it in stride and sent out APB to her pet-owning friends for advice, while dad high-tailed it (pun intended!) to the pet store.  Unfortunately, we didn't have all the natural ingredients to prepare our own de-skunking remedies and used a doggie citrus-scented shampoo.

They cornered me on the front porch, dumped buckets of warm water on me and proceeded to lather me...ON THE FRONT PORCH...IN PUBLIC...how embarrassing!  After that ordeal,  my fur diffused a je-ne-sais-quoi- type of scent...EAU DE SKUNKY CITRUS!  For SHAME!  They finally let me in the house, and in gratitude, I shook all over the living room carpets, couches and walls...hehehe!

Why does no-one want to snuggle me right now?!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear. I'm glad we don't have skunks in the UK. I don't like baths much either but at least mummy lets me into the warm tub indoors for one. I like to shake all over the humans after, they can be as wet as me, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Fizz. Didn't realize the UK didn't have skunks...but count yourselves lucky! Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete